Thursday, September 28, 2006

Work continues to keep me busy. The harvest is coming to an end, and instead of slowing down, things become more hectic. We don't have enough cuves (tanks) for the incoming grapes, so tomorrow a large tanker truck will take 200hL of wine to a cellar in town. This has been the subject of much debate at the winery.

self-portrait

Tomorrow morning I'll be driven into Beziers to wait at the Perfecture (city gov't building) to draw up my working papers, and afterwards, get my driver's license. I think my french is coming along well enough that I'll be able to communicate in town, but it'll be pretty basic. Assuming all goes well, I might start looking for a bike tomorrow afternoon.

Quarante

the farthest mountains: the Pyrenees

abandoned church near my home

Quarante